A yoyo club located in Brunei Darussalam, inspired with the dream of bringing Brunei's Yoyo Scene to the next level.

HomeYo-Splinter CluCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Y0-Splinter Club Constitution
Tue May 26, 2015 4:54 pm by Admin

» Record Holders
Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:59 am by Admin

» HobbyCon 2015 Yoyo Ladder Contest Details & Registration Form
Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:52 am by Admin

» Feb 2015 Gathering
Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:45 pm by Admin

» Privacy Policy
Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:05 pm by Admin

» Introduction
Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:28 pm by DannyChang

» Brunei National Yoyo Contest 2013
Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:44 am by Admin

» Mini Contest :3
Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:45 pm by Guest

» ProjekBrunei.com - Rediscover Brunei Darussalam through the eyes of the People
Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:31 am by msmdskhan

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Share | 

I'm Back! After several months of inactivity.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Boon Pek
Master
Master

Stars : 43

PostSubject: I'm Back! After several months of inactivity.   Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:29 pm

Hello there, everyone

As you could perhaps tell from the stickied threads above, I am was one of the developers of this site before being kicked out without my given consent, thus leaving the instructions to using this site incomplete - but that's another topic. First off, I would want to congratulate the members of the club for making this club expand rapidly. I still remember the time when the group had no more than 10 people Razz

Anyways, I am still the occasional yoyo-er though I only play during my free time (which is almost nil) and do play puzzles such as the Rubik's cube Very Happy Seeing that this site has grown, I may suggest that it moves on from a (no offence intended) cheap, free site to one which is self hosted at the very least.

Stuart, I'd recommend you get a new host for this site - and perhaps register a new domain too (both yo-splinter.com and yo-splinter.net are available) as currently, the domain is registered under my name, meaning that it poses a risk to your site. Just a suggestion, really. I mean, you and the other high-ranked members can have your own personalised e-mail (ie. stuart@yo-splinter.com) and stuff. They're just recommendations, really - I mean, the site doesn't look very "new" in a sense.

Back then when I designed this site, the norm screen resolutions were much lesser, and ofc this site fit most screens then Razz but now, with the advancement of technology, screen size has increased and the site doesn't look as stylish as before - so yea. The adverts for one can be removed, and perhaps the entire site could be remade anew (we can still keep the current content through a database backup).

I do apologise for any offence done, but those are just my 2 cents Razz

P.S: Look below my name, I still am Admin, Stuart Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.yo-splinters.tk/

I'm Back! After several months of inactivity.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1